All children love water balloons! We played water balloons smash this morning. We tossed, squeezed, and sat on the balloons !!
There are many ways to take learn and play with water balloons!
1. Spoon Races – Fill up small water balloons and race them on a spoon, much like an egg race. First to the finish line with balloon intact wins!
2. Pops, Pops – Place the water balloon on your head and squeeze until it pops.
3. Sit and Smash – Divide players into two teams and give everyone one water balloon. The objective is to run to a designated place with the balloon, sit on it to smash it, and run back.
4. Water Balloon clean-up – give each child a bucket and send them on a race to collect the most balloon pieces.
5. Color Sorting – Place buckets (different colours) on the grass and get your children to sort the balloons.
6. Number Racing – Mark balloons with the numbers 1-5 and place them in a bucket. (Repeat) Your children will race to see who can get all five balloons in the other bucket first. They must place them one at a time in number order. For toddlers, change from a race to a fun activity- help your child to identify numbers from 1 to 5 and place in the bucket.
7. Relay Racing – Get your kids to balance a water balloon on a cup and raced from one end of the yard to the other. Great for gross motor development and balance. Also wonderful for family team building!
8. Water balloon pinatas – Fill up some water balloons and hang them from trees outside. Let your kids (and maybe even you?) swing at them with bats!
9. Water Balloons bowling – Fill empty pop bottles about 1/2 way full of water and set them up like bowling pins. Use water balloons to try to knock them over. You could also freeze the water balloons ahead of time and have hard bowling balls!